Saturday, April 19, 2014
Explore elements with us this Earth Day! Get friendly with the elements of nature by examining water from The San Francisco Bay, testing soil in the park, and learning how drought-resistant plants can thrive in the dry climate. Get your native animal fix and meet invertebrates, observe a Raptor Walk, and get up close to Animal Ambassadors. Make beautiful eco-crafts with the Museum of Craft & Design. There will be plenty of hands-on activities for the whole family!
Get a head start on your conservation activities and participate in a beach clean up on the shores of The Bay from 10am-12pm. Please fill out and bring with you the following release forms: 1) CuriOdyssey Release Form 2) San Mateo County Park Release Form
Leave your lunch at home and come hungry! Top Dog, a gourmet hot dog purveyor, will be selling food from 11am-3pm. CASH ONLY.
Earth Day Activities:
- Beach cleanup in Coyote Point - 10-11:30am
- Raptor Walk - 11-11:30am
- Invertebrate Exploration - 2-3pm
- Otter Feeding - 12-12:20pm
- Bobcat Feeding - 1-1:20pm
- Wildlife Walk - 3-3:30pm
- Soil Exploration activity - all day
- Water Conservation activity – all day
- Eco-craft Making with the Museum of Craft & Design – all day
- Up-close experiences with Animal Ambassadors - all day
Thanks to our community sponsors: